Recycling and waste management for the 21st century
We at AJS Skips have been recycling items for domestic and commercial premises for more than 25 years. We haven’t let our long history bog us down in an outdated approach, however.
We have the most up-to-date technology at our state-of-the-art facility, where we use advanced screening processes to identify and recover the maximum amount of recyclable material from your waste. We are proud that over 90% of the waste we process currently is recycled into useful, valuable products, and not simply dumped into landfill.
Our advanced technology sorts and separates all the waste it processes by type, dimension and size. It does this through the use of magnets and a range of other complex procedures.
Collect, Sort and Recycle!
We always work closely with you, our customer, to ensure the collection process goes off smoothly. We will help you ensure that your waste is carefully separated into recyclable and non-recyclable materials, avoiding any contamination that might reduce the value of your recyclable waste resources. This also allows for the production of the highest-quality materials after we’ve processed all the raw waste.
Our greatest commitment is to doing all we can to protect the environment, as well as to maximise the rates for our customers. We aim to minimise your costs while establishing and adhering to the most environmentally friendly, efficient waste management programme possible for your business.
We take a fresh, modern approach to our work, and provide a full-service recycling programme from the first to the last minute of our work with you. This way, we ensure your company won’t fail to meet all the national environmental and ecological standards. Our ongoing goal is to retrieve and process more items for recycling than any other commercial facility in our locale.
Our full range of services includes skip hire, scrap metal recycling and waste management. Whether your task is the clearance of a small domestic property or to meet the high-volume waste disposal needs of a commercial business, we can help you at every stage of the process.
What we Recycle!
Listed below are just some of the items we can deal with and recycle, so you can relax and know that everything is being taken care of to the highest standard:
- Plaster Board.
- Green Waste.
- Plastics, including rigid plastic, films, HDPE, PET and LDPE.
- Paper based products, such as magazines, newspapers, office paperwork and solid board. Also handling cardboard and recycled cardboard in both white and brown.
- Glass of all types, whether bottles, jars or any other type of glass waste.
- Metal products such as tins or cans, whether non-ferrous or ferrous.
- Clean or contaminated wood.
- Inert materials such as concrete, stone or soil.
If your business produces specialist waste not listed above, please get in touch as we have expert partners from different industries to offer you the best solution for your recycling.
Did you know?
- 1 recycled tin can would save enough energy to power a television for 3 hours.
- 1 recycled glass bottle would save enough energy to power a computer for 25 minutes.
- 1 recycled plastic bottle would save enough energy to power a 60-watt light bulb for 3 hours.
- 70% less energy is required to recycle paper compared with making it from raw materials.
- Up to 60% of the rubbish that ends up in the dustbin could be recycled.
- On average, 16% of the money you spend on a product pays for the packaging, which ultimately ends up as rubbish.
- As much as 50% of waste in the average dustbin could be composted.
Fully Trained Staff
Look No Further. Call Today.